RODI help please

joseayes

Market
Reaction score
Well, hoping to start this Biocube and I've started with problems with the RO filter already, after replacing all the stages, since I didn't use the use it for more than 8 months, I just plugged back and tested, some minor leaks and fixed that, I'm using the save water process where you plug the waste water to a second membrane, but house psi trough the RO was only 40.
After that I've plugged the booster pump and PSI almost sky high to close 100, which make the ASOV to start leaking, after all I already know that the psi shouldn't be kept that high, not for the membrane and not for safety, and the problem is... How to fix this? Have seen some vids about the issue but I can't recalled.
Is there anyone near me who can help me check the RO connections and check for any fail?
Or someone have had this problem before and reduced the booster pump pressure for a normal running psi?
BTW, I'm using 2X 50gpd membranes and a single Manual Flush Water Restrictor (according to our sponsor I have purchased trough them the matching flow restrictor for this size membrane/gpd)

Anyone willing to help please?

That's an unusual issue. What flow restrictor do you have? If it's an inline it should have a number on it. For a 50 gpd membrane you should have a Flow 400. (Same for 2 membranes.)

Jenn

Jenn! Was talking to Ricky about your valued help!!!!

We've checked the unit and placed another couple spare parts he have, another psi meter and another flow restrictor [not a manual flush flow restrictor] and still can't figured out.
We check the connections for the output from the membranes (check valves) we've tested that and still can't figure everything out. I'll double check everything again.
I remember you told me you're working for a filtering company (excuse my bad memory) if that still happening, would you please let me know if there's a chance I could take the unit for servicing, whether they offer any kind of service, really wish so bad they can help me.

The membranes are 2x 50gpd each and they connected in series (waste # 1 to membrane #2) and they're using the 550 fast flow water restrictor.

I would really appreciate your input Jenn, if you don't mind you could send me your number in a pm of you might have a minute to let me know details.
Thank you Jenn!

I don't think my colleagues will service an RO unit if at least something wasn't bought from us. They might be able to troubleshoot by phone - PM me for contact info. The Flow 550 is for a 60 GPD membrane. That's probably part of your problem (but not the super high water pressure issue...) I can tell you that it's not going to work properly without the right flow restrictor. I'd start there. You need a Flow 400.

Jenn

I understand. I'll try and replace the flow restrictor I'm using, I should've used the electrical autoflush unit since the beginning and would have chosen the right one to match the membranes.
I'll see if I get any help, I don't mind to pay to make this unit work as it should from a knowledge person, since Seems like I'm not that smart to make it work lol.
Atm still looking for help.
Thank you Jenn!

There's a screw on the end of the pump that is for pressure adjustment. Turn it to the left and reduce the pressure. You can check with your gauge.

Timstrk;1096625 wrote: There's a screw on the end of the pump that is for pressure adjustment. Turn it to the left and reduce the pressure. You can check with your gauge.

Yep, having a pump before and now this one and didn't noticed that until now. I'll reconfigure the connections then I'll try the booster pump again.
Thanks for the input!

Finally! 60 psi, no pump modification.
Good stream of water!
150gpd! (Two membranes 75gpd )
Plus two DI resin cartriges... thanks to my friend Kenlude for the donation! (He didn't want to exchange money for reactors)
the issue was in the ASOV that it was plug backwards.
Even better I've the chance to modify the unit and upgrade the last 2x 50gpd membranes.

Thanks to my friend Ricky for suggesting the old trick of adding another stage, sediment filter, before the pump, I knew it a long while ago and even knowing was resisting to do it hehe.

Good to hear that you got guys got it worked out.... kudos to to Jenn and Ricky, but which one?

Sewer Urchin;1097853 wrote: Good to hear that you got guys got it worked out.... kudos to to Jenn and Ricky, but which one?

That's Ricky5415, we have tried to fixed at his house even so he expend his time helping me and we couldn't get it done, the actitud it's what I appreciate.

After all it feels funny when you try to put everything together to make a reef and something, always something make you stop lol!

Back