RODI Membranes etc.

joeyprice

Reaction score
I have a 75gpd BRS 6 stage that is due for new media etc. Has anybody found better and/or cheaper replaements than the ones offered by BRS? Also, is turning this into a 150 gpd filter as simple as a higher flow membrane?

It depends what is most important to you, speed or efficiency. The DOW Filmtec 75 GPD is crazy efficient and can have a rejection rate of 98-99%. Also at higher pressures like 50-60psi it's closer to 90GPD. Spectrapure offers hand tested versions of this membrane that are at 99% rejection rate.

I have always used the dow membranes Has not failed me yet. I used the BRS 200gpd upgrade kit but they also have a 150 kit too. It comes with everything you need and is fairly easy to put together.

I made the change from a 100gpd to a 150 water saver and really like the result.

As for the membranes they are $27 on Amazon compared to BRS. They are identical. I ordered the restrictors from BRS. Let me know if you want the parts list. I think I bought a couple extras so I may have it already.

Filmtec 75 GPD Filmtec Residential RO Membrane

Back