RODI mini set-up

danh

Market
Reaction score
After a year of considering the full blown RODI mixing and holding station and not wanting to take a bite of that project, I've decided I must get an RODI now but I'm not going all the way with the big deal.

Looking at this one I think it's got most if not all of what I need to install under my sink. I may only need to extend the product water line to fill 5g containers in the tub 5-10ft away. I'd say that's quick and easy. The wall that this sink is on is also the back wall of my garage, where I could could run the product line outside to a larger container at some point.

There isn't really much else to this, right? I'd also like to make sure this unit will do and does anyone know off the top of their head if this is the one you can upgrade to 150gph by re-running the waste water?

TIA

a>

Yeah, they did. Just making sure this was one that could get the saver upgrade.

You can upgrade or downgrade any standard RO by changing the membrane and flow restrictor.

Having said that, if you were going to do a 150 gpd system, you would be better off with 2, 75 gpd membranes piggybacked. IMO you lose efficiency with a 150 gpd membrane. In fact, the company I work for doesn't even carry 150gpd (100 gpd high rejection is the highest residential membrane we stock.)

There isn't much difference in the manifold from one brand to another - most of them buy the same housings from the same places (brs buys from the company I work for)... housings, brackets etc., are all pretty standard.

It's the quality of the actual cartridges and membranes that makes a difference. And good doesn't have to equal expensive either.

Jenn

Back