RoDi problems

jdw

Reaction score
I have a Seachem pinnacle 100gpd RoDi unit. It's being fed by a aquatec 8800 booster which is getting water off my water heater cold water line. I have recently replaced all filters and membrane. I have 3 different outputs from my RO unit. 1 output is going up to my ato reservoir, 1 output is going to my 32g mixing brute, and then I have the last output as just a tube incase I need fresh to water. All 3 outputs have cutoff valves on them so i can direct the flow as needed and the 1st two have float valves to stop water flow.
I typically run the system 24/7 with my reservoir line open in order to keep reservoir full as my ato pulls water from it. I normally do not pay any attention to it.

I went to top off my qt and make everything ready for the flame angel I will be picking up today and I noticed I am not getting any output from any of the lines. I started to trouble shoot a little bit and my pump is working well. So my problem is in the actual unit. My RO unit has an auto shutoff valve. I am thinking that may be the problem. If I have 2 mechanical float switches do i really need the auto shutoff valve? (Note: I have not actually removed the auto shutoff valve to test yet, I am just thinking while at work).

Any thoughts?

I took my ASOV off today when I got home. I disassembled it, inspected it, reassembled it, reinstalled it and now things are flowing like normal. At first i had my high pressure and low pressure input mixed up, so my RO flow was tremendous. My tds was super high, so I knew something was wrong. I swapped the two tubes on ASOV and everything worked like normal.

Glad you figured it out. I would definitely NOT recommend removing the shut-off solenoid.

Probably got gunked up or stuck or something. They can and do wear out over time, at least in my experience. If they start letting waste water flow all the time or whatnot, it's time to replace.

They're cheap enough to replace.

Jenn

Whoaaaaa. Waste water shouldn't flow out all the time? I have a used Air, Water, Ice unit that I've been using for a year. The waste line runs nonstop when I have it running.

rk4435;955751 wrote: Whoaaaaa. Waste water shouldn't flow out all the time? I have a used Air, Water, Ice unit that I've been using for a year. The waste line runs nonstop when I have it running.
I think Jenn is referring to when the unit is off, if there is still waste water running, it is time to replace the valve. There should be waste water running when the RODI is making water, and no waste water when it is not making water.

Acroholic;955759 wrote: I think Jenn is referring to when the unit is off, if there is still waste water running, it is time to replace the valve. There should be waste water running when the RODI is making water, and no waste water when it is not making water.

That's right. When the valve wears out, waste will run even if all your reservoirs are full and the unit should be off.

Jenn

Back