RODI Question

deepblue

Market
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Question on RODI, is there a option out there for my son and I to get a RODI setup that’s not $500 and can be hooked up to a faucet.

Does a option like that exist? DIY is also an option that we’d be down for if something exists or is the cost the cost and there are no cheaper options while keeping quality were it needs to be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok cool, is that enough? I don’t know any better but seeing options up to 7 stage?

Thank you for the feedback.

BRS 4 Stage Value system is $269, am I looking at the wrong one?

I use 4 stage. I mean some people do get the 5, 6, or 7 stage, but my TDS is 0 with 4 stage. Good enough for me.

I have about three extra units. I would be happy to sell you one. I need to clean one of them up and see what condition they are in. I would sell it pretty cheap.

BRS 4 Stage Value system is $269, am I looking at the wrong one?

That is basically what my extra units are. I just need to make sure not too many of the filters need replacing. Either way I will sell you the unit itself at a low enough price that you can replace the filters and still be ahead.

Depends where you live, plenty good enough for Gwinnett County, and most Georgia municipal systems. Well water might have special requirements.

I use 4 stage. I mean some people do get the 5, 6, or 7 stage, but my TDS is 0 with 4 stage. Good enough for me.

I have about three extra units. I would be happy to sell you one. I need to clean one of them up and see what condition they are in. I would sell it pretty cheap.

Chemaholic,

That would be super awesome. We are not fancy, doing a 60 gallon mixed reef tank with mostly softies and LPS. If it’s good enough for you it’s good enough for us I’m sure :).

I’ll wait to hear back from you. Thank you very much.

Depends where you live, plenty good enough for Gwinnett County, and most Georgia municipal systems. We'll water might have special requirements.

Hey Steve,

Great point. No well, we live in Flowery Branch and are on city water.

Even if you had to replace the filters and the RO membrane you are looking at about $100 for the parts. Probably a good idea to do that regardless. Start fresh. I will pull the units I have out tomorrow and clean them up. I have been meaning to for awhile anyway.

Should I just buy a value 4 stage from BRS for $173 then or wait and see what gold nuggets might be hiding in your home :)

I have one of those I just cleaned up. I ran it and it makes 0 TDS water. You might need to replace the DI resin soon but that is not expensive. I also posted a picture of the TDS meter I use. Got it from Amazon.

You can have the RODI free of charge to help you get started. I live in Augusta so you can come here to get it or I can ship it to you if you cover the charge. Just let me know!

Attachments

• 20221113_152239.jpg
    20221113_152239.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 10
  • 20221113_152857.jpg
    20221113_152857.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 10
I have one of those I just cleaned up. I ran it and it makes 0 TDS water. You might need to replace the DI resin soon but that is not expensive. I also posted a picture of the TDS meter I use. Got it from Amazon.

You can have the RODI free of charge to help you get started. I live in Augusta so you can come here to get it or I can ship it to you if you cover the charge. Just let me know!

Hey Chemaholic,

That would be amazing, thank you. Unfortunately, if it’s not to much trouble I’d ask if you could ship and let me know so I can send you the money. You’re about a 3 hour drive.

Hey Chemaholic,

That would be amazing, thank you. Unfortunately, if it’s not to much trouble I’d ask if you could ship and let me know so I can send you the money. You’re about a 3 hour drive.

No worries. Just message me your address. I will send it and let you know what the freight cost.

I ordered the Vivosun kit you mentioned as well.

Thank you very much. Hope to repay this in the future here.

I ordered the Vivosun kit you mentioned as well.

Thank you very much. Hope to repay this in the future here.

Just help someone sometime when you are in a position to do so. I had so many people here help me. The least I can do is pay it forward.

Back