Roller mat for a Trigger sump

ichthyoid

Trustee
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
It’s the only one I could find that fits in a Trigger Triton sump-

That is the same as the aquamaxx AF1. Not familiar with arka core, but it's exactly the same thing. I just bought one for my build and looks like it will work well

IMG_20200718_140217.jpg

That’s the one I just ordered from Marine Depot, but their video was pretty lame.

Would you do me a favor & measure the length and width at the bottom (near black elbow)? I want to make sure this thing will fit.
Thx!

That’s the one I just ordered from Marine Depot, but their video was pretty lame.

Would you do me a favor & measure the length and width at the bottom (near black elbow)? I want to make sure this thing will fit.
Thx!

+++1 on the MD video.

uninformative and, in my opinion, a dime in a dozen with the ubiquity of YouTube videos out there.

what’s next? How to mix salt?

I'm also just gambling that I can make it work. Someone (marine depot / BRS / manufacturer) needs to help out the consumer a bit and list some sump's that will work without modification

You can set these rollermats up with separate pumps like we did with our Clarisea and they perform perfectly as long as your pump has the correct rating for the unit. Saves you from modifying or changing the sump. And as long as you have appropriate space, it works great. This is how Ecotech runs many of their rollermats at their HQ in their sumps.

I'm also just gambling that I can make it work. Someone (marine depot / BRS / manufacturer) needs to help out the consumer a bit and list some sump's that will work without modification

Exactly! Those dimensions should fit in the first section of the sump. Whether the mount fits over the Euro bracing around the edge is another matter. If needed, I may have to modify it a bit or make a new mount. Thx!

You can set these rollermats up with separate pumps like we did with our Clarisea and they perform perfectly as long as your pump has the correct rating for the unit. Saves you from modifying or changing the sump. And as long as you have appropriate space, it works great. This is how Ecotech runs many of their rollermats at their HQ in their sumps.

I’ll be using a Varios DC variable speed pump for flexibility. The mat roller itself has plenty of flow capacity.

It’s primarily the opening space & depth in the sump I’m concerned about. It should be here tomorrow, so we will know soon enough. Thx!

It looks like the Aquamaxx AF-1 was made to fit for the Trigger Triton 26 sump. It’s a drop in, near perfect fit! Woo hoo!

7710FA71-ADDE-4A8B-BF4D-9C9C2CB24F90.jpegD6602230-2796-4CAF-9629-78BADDB55DBB.jpeg

I’ll be using a Varios DC variable speed pump for flexibility. The mat roller itself has plenty of flow capacity.

It’s primarily the opening space & depth in the sump I’m concerned about. It should be here tomorrow, so we will know soon enough. Thx!
You can raise the level up by setting up on a stand like a skimmer. Works great in our sump.

Back