Rose Tipped GBTA?

hellfire

Market
Reaction score
Alright, well here is my question. I picked this Anemone up as a RBTA a while ago. Was all nice and red.

Well, almost immedietly after we put him in our 29G, it turned green but rose tips. Still healthy, always inflated, etc.

Now I moved him over to the 120, and only been a couple weeks, but still the same color.

Should I be concerned? Anyone see this before?

Tyler

DSC_0172.jpg
alt="" />

That is what I was concerned about. But.. Its been like this for.. 6 months? At least.

Tyler

I've never seen an RBTA bleach to a definate green. Might have been dyed to up the price. If its healthy, inflated, foot sticks to rock or wall, and eats, then i wouldn't worry......

I bought it at Creation, and it was BRIGHT red.

But it definetly is healthy, besides the color. Feed it daily, foot is fine, always inflated.

I just took that picture about 3 mins before I posted this. So he looks fine to me.

Who knows..

Tyler

Is this the one that split and they were holding in the center coral tank in a basket?

I'm not sure if its the one that split, but yes it was in the center tank in a basket. It had a true percula in there as well, and I bought both, was about 6 months ago I would say, maybe a little less.

Tyler

Tyler,
You might find the answer to your question at http://www.karensroseanemones.com">www.karensroseanemones.com</a>.
I found that site while I was doing homework before I bought mine, and it has a HUGE amount of care information (inlcuding health problems and what to do about them).

Sounds like it's OK, but I understand your concern.
Good luck with it!

Anyone else have any knowledge on the subject?

I called up Creation the other day, to see what we could work out if it was in fact dyed.

I would at least like a store credit for the difference, but if this is something that could happen naturally, then I think it would be unfair of me to expect this.

So.. Anyone?

Tyler

I have seen several RBTA at Creation, and none of them have lost their color. Look at the one in the display that looks like all of the others they have brought in. Is still has the same color. What lighting was this under in your tank?

First it was under 150W Viper in the 29G. Now its under 2x 400W Metal Halides in the 120.

Lighting was never an issue. Nor water quality, or.. lack of feeding.

Nothing that I know of on my end caused an issue. As you can see, its still healthy, and eats daily.

And when I say immedietly, I mean it turned this color after a week or two. Not in a couple minutes.

Tyler

Nope, its only moved twice. When I first put it in the 29G, until he found a place he liked.

Then when he started turning green we transferred him into the 120, but same thing.

Tyler

Weird, it does look like a green bta. Do you have a before pic?

What about over feeding? Once a day seems to be way too much. I got a rose from Creation back in Feb and its still bright red and I feed it maybe once every two weeks.

I don't think its overfeeding. There are tons of opinions about feeding nems. Some don't feed at all, some everyday. If he doesn't take the food, I just pull it back out of the tank, or the Bangaii eats it. No biggie.

And I llike the color, but paid for a RBTA, ya know?

Tyler

I think I know: http://www.reefhotspot.com/store/index.php?cPath=51_63">http://www.reefhotspot.com/store/index.php?cPath=51_63</a>
Look at the tips on some of these.

Mine looks the same way, but darker green. Can ask my lfs of their source if ya like

Back