Rotating power head

pbyrmartin

Market
Reaction score
anyone know of a good Rotating power head
I never gave much attenion to them, but it seems I am going to be needing one soon
I saw some at the fish store and more today, they look like they maxi jet
but I can't find them in my search

I suggest using a normal powerhead and attaching a Hydor rotating attachment to it. They do not have the problems of the "sweeping" types.

I had a hydor on a maxi-jet 1200 in my nano and it seemed to do well... You do have to keep an eye on it though, cause the dirtier the MJ gets the less it rotates.

The hydors are ok but they do limit the output of the maxi jet a good bit.I would go with a koralia or a mj mod before i used my hydor again.In a 150 gallon you should really be looking at increasing and widening the flow instead .IMO of course :)

I was thinking the same thing too about the output of the hydor flo
I could not see it giving me much flow in my tank

last night I ordered the zoo med powerhead, I know this might be a mistake
I guess I was one ARC post to short

if not I would of gotting the Koralia

You are talking about the osciwave. You attach any motor to it and it rotates on its own. It is completely independant from the powerhead that you choose.
Ive got a used one at my shop that I need to get rid of.

it is exactly what I was talking about (Osci-Wave) just did'nt know it at the time.
What started this whole thing was that I was at the fish store on Sunday and I saw the Osci-Wave moving the powers heads in their display tanks
It seems that this Osci-Wave device is a thing of the past

but I would be more than happy to take it off your hands

Thanks

thanks to Stevhan over at Fishy Business for the osciwave
it is working fine, great flow

The zoo med stop rotating 3 days after I bought it

I know
I did not listen

Back