round and round on setting up the 92 gal

derek_s

Market
Reaction score
So, I think I need advice. I bought dawgdude's 92 gal AGA corner tank, and it is awesome...BUT... I bought it because I loved it and it was a sweet deal. The problem is I live in an apartment. This thing is gigantic in reference to my place. I cant decide if I should set it up...yet. I have been looking for a house, but am undecided on whether or not I'm ready to buy. I just extended my lease for 6 months, so... I dunno.

So I have several options here, and I'd like opinions...

1) Store it until later.
2) Set it up anyways. Move furniture. Make it happen.
3) Trade it in for something a bit smaller. I've seen a 54 gal AGA corner just like it in CBay.

I'm leaning towards #2. I'm just not sure if it would be a huge hassle to move in the event I do buy a home in the near future. Plus, my apartment might cave in.

#1 If your going to move within a year i would just wait, plan and buy all the equipment you want, determine your livestock, how you'll light, etc.

Moving is a huge pain and usually results in some dieoff. If not having something is killing setup a nanocube or something to keep you occupied.

I would wait as well. Buy a nano in the meantime to have some fun. I've moved my 30G tank before and as small as it is, it was a huge PITA! In the meantime, you can plan out your lighting, sumps, etc.

#2 I say set it up as a FOWLR that way it isn't extremely hard to move and lighting (right now) really wouldn't be that big of a deal

Yeah, you're probably right. I have a 29 gal, so I have something to play with at least. I need time to plan anyways, as you mention.

how about you trade it for a 60g cube! that would look sweet in a corner!

I just happen to know someone willing to do that.;)

The cube is 24x24x24

Harleyguy;151639 wrote: #2 I say set it up as a FOWLR that way it isn't extremely hard to move and lighting (right now) really wouldn't be that big of a deal

FOWLR? Hmmm... Not a bad idea. I will have to think about that one. That is the main reason I wanted such a bigger tank was so I could get some better fish variety than with my 29.

Back