Route 66 is no more

dawgface

Market
Reaction score
Guess they forgot to pay the bank :eek:

Wonder who will fill that vacuum ?

I read about that second hand (well now third or fourth) it happened Friday... Bank locked the doors on him. Kinda sad because he still has a bunch of corals in the building.

Ryan used to order a lot from them.they were great for softies and lps but not so much for sps.Oculus was the go to place for sps but sadly they closed a couple years ago too.
Oculus was responsible for a vast majority of the named acros out there like Tierra De Fuego and countless others

DawgFace;1041403 wrote: Guess they forgot to pay the bank :eek:

Please provide your news source. Not doubting your word, but I like to read things firsthand.

Thanks!

There is no first hand that I know of but Tyree is running his mouth like he's a 11 year old boy on Facebook. Where I heard it.

Nothing to do with the bank. Eric was renting, so no bank involved. I wouldn't put much weight on schisters on FB..they generally sling mud to hide their own xxx...

This was a long time coming. It takes a lot of money and impecable service to make it. If you're not able to provide hot corals and keep fish alive, you won't get repeat customers. Not a lot has to go wrong for you to have massive losses. I know a wholesaler who was able to survive one system failure (barely), but one bad shipment after that and that's all she wrote.

Oculus had phenomenal corals. They were very very early in the wholesale frag game. Unfortunately, too early.

Skriz;1041527 wrote: Nothing to do with the bank. Eric was renting, so no bank involved. I wouldn't put much weight on schisters on FB..they generally sling mud to hide their own xxx...

This certainly wouldn't be the first time. Honestly the way Tyree was talking something seems amiss withe situation or Tyree himself.... Likely both.

Skriz;1041527 wrote:
This was a long time coming. It takes a lot of money and impecable service to make it. If you're not able to provide hot corals and keep fish alive, you won't get repeat customers. Not a lot has to go wrong for you to have massive losses. I know a wholesaler who was able to survive one system failure (barely), but one bad shipment after that and that's all she wrote.

Oculus had phenomenal corals. They were very very early in the wholesale frag game. Unfortunately, too early.

Hopefully the impact is not major.

DawgFace;1041543 wrote: This certainly wouldn't be the first time. Honestly the way Tyree was talking something seems amiss withe situation or Tyree himself.... Likely both. .

Take a close look at the one throwing mud.

DawgFace;1041463 wrote: There is no first hand that I know of but Tyree is running his mouth like he's a 11 year old boy on Facebook. Where I heard it.

Thanks for posting your source.

I liked Route 66.

Lifestudent;1041701 wrote: Thanks for posting your source.

I liked Route 66.

Ditto,

My salesperson (Andy) always took care of me. If I was ever disappointed about any particular piece he would make it up on the next order. Hate to see them go. I guess I will buy from whomever Andy goes to.

Back