Rtn Stn?

lees

Market
Reaction score
I have a pink birdsnest frag that I think may have RTN or STN I've had it about 2 months. The trunk is brown but it has been since I got it and it doesn't seem to be getting worse or better. I may bring it to the meeting tonight to see if it needs to be fragged or what.

If it was RTN it'd turn white virtually overnight. STN would turn white as well, it'd just take longer. If you're seeing brown tissue, it's not necrossis--the coral probably needs more light.

If it is on a frag plug it could have been killed by the super glue that was used to mount it?

Yeah it looks like it could have been killed by the glue. Like I say it's not getting any worse just not getting better either. Otherwise very healthy. What can I do about the glue issue frag it and use some epoxy or something to reattach to the plug or piece of rock?

I got a blue milli that looked like that, didn't worry about it and now it has grown over the dead spot and glue so i say just wait it out, though you may get someone to say different.

Thanks Kirru I guess if it's not getting any worse I shouldn't worry. I was sitting behind you and your dad at the meeting. What'd y'all get with the blue tickets?

What was left. lol, got two frags of Zoas and two monti frags, i'm not much of a monti person. zoas are ok, i wish I knew what they were

Yeah I got the standard issue two montis and a zoa. They look good. Colors on the montis are rally cool. The zoas have yet to open up but I think they are green.

LeeS;288503 wrote: Yeah I got the standard issue two montis and a zoa. They look good. Colors on the montis are rally cool. The zoas have yet to open up but I think they are green.

Yup, one of the two zoas has started to open up, lime/flourecent green, can't wait for it to fully open.

I'm not real into monti's, they aren't my favorite coral

Never had montis either bet it will take these things 100 years to grow out.

That would be one of the reasons why i'm not such a fan of them :)

Back