Rubbermaid 300 gallon Frag tank

You could.. I did that as a holding tank while I set up the new frag tank..

It's really tempting It would allow me to put the fish I want to in the system to tend to the corals. I was thinking since it doesn't have side views I could make a sort of large viewer to avoid the water shaking on the top. I really want to get into selling at some point.

How big is your main system? Do you have a budget for all the equipment and cost of coral to fill such a tank?

Most people start out with a 40 breeder as a frag tank because the overall cost is low and it's an easy size to maintain.

Some of us began with just fish and only dreaming of how to keep soft corals.

Once we succeeded, we moved on to LPS and eventually learned enough about water quality, lighting, filtration, compatibilities, feeding requirements, etc. to tackle an sps coral.

Once we kept that alive, we learned how to propagate corals which eventually outgrew our display aquaria and then considered a frag tank.

My point is, to be patient. I think you’ve got a ways to go before tackling a really big system.

Please take my advice with the same concern it was intended. To save you some heartache, corals and a lot of money!

By all means, dream big, just also proceed wisely. Some succeed more rapidly than others but it’s a process for everyone.
(Some also fail more rapidly than others)

How big is your main system? Do you have a budget for all the equipment and cost of coral to fill such a tank?

Most people start out with a 40 breeder as a frag tank because the overall cost is low and it's an easy size to maintain.
My main system is 30 gallons.

Ok for right now I don't have all the equipment to keep corals in my dt so I'm keeping them in my 10 gal is that ok?

Back