Ruby Red Dragonette

NanCrab

Supporting
Reaction score
My husband wants one of these but aren’t they the ones who escape, to their deaths, up pose head cords?
551D9F06-5582-4A16-A058-F43CC1DF6BAD.png

They need a lot of copepods to survive, they can jump if spooked but usually just hover around the tank and look for pods to eat. I would recommend letting the tank mature for several months before adding one tji the system.

+1

Ok thanks. I dumped 4 jars of copepods in there a couple of weeks ago but not sure how many are still in there. I will tell Tyler he has to wait for his dragonette!

Ok thanks. I dumped 4 jars of copepods in there a couple of weeks ago but not sure how many are still in there. I will tell Tyler he has to wait for his dragonette!
As long as you restock your pods every so often once you get the dragonet, once your tank is a little more mature you should be fine. Probably wait until the 6 month mark and check to verify those pods have multiplied :).

As long as you restock your pods every so often once you get the dragonet, once your tank is a little more mature you should be fine. Probably wait until the 6 month mark and check to verify those pods have multiplied :).
How will I know if they’ve multiplied?

If you can see a good amount of them in 6 months without adding any more they will have multiplied.
I got extremely lucky when I got mine. Typically they are very picky eaters but mine eats frozen foods all the time and an odd pellet every now and then.

Best way to check is wait until lights are out, then break out a flashlight and see if they’re roaming around on the rock work.

Forward this to minute 2:06, that’s what you want to see. :D (I hate this lol emoji!)

Last edited:
Best way to check is wait until lights are out, then break out a flashlight and see if they’re roaming around on the rock work.

Forward this to minute 2:06, that’s what you want to see. :D (I hate this lol emoji!)

OMG that is disgusting! Aquarium rocks OK, teeth...NO WAY but thanks for the graphic lesson! ROFLOL

LOL LOL, lol, roflthis one good? :D

You can use whatever i add. I'm trying to size them smaller. Stand by :p

Back