Ruby Reef Kick-Ich

darknyt

Reaction score
Has anyone used Kick-Ich? Initially read nothing but good things about it. Now I'm seeing a lot of post saying it doesn't work. I wanted to know about current results, from at least 2017.

The only way to treat Ich is removal of all fish, treatment with copper, chloroquine phophate, tank transfer or hyposalinity. Your display tank will have to sit fallow (fishless) for 72 days.

Just to add on to what Zach said.

IMO almost all tanks have Ich.  Generally (these are just three reasons) when a fish has a poor diet, there is ongoing issue with water quality or a quick temp change.  At that point the fish get stressed and their immune system is compromised.

Thats generally when tangs and a few other fish that are susceptible, will start to develop the symptoms of Ich.  Then it spreads to other species.  Its a downward slope and either your fish will live through it or you will may just lose some of them.

Ive had ich twice in 4+ years early on when I had water quality issues and a temp swing.  I choose not to treat the fish, fixed my water quality issues, changed their diet and added garlic guard to their food for while.  I haven't had an issue since then.  Just food for thought.  :)

That product is junk. Don't waste your time or money. Treat crypto properly and equip your system with the tools to help combat/control it and you'll be fine.

Back