rufuge light?

evan

Reaction score
I'm using a led plant grow light on my refuge(TaoTronics® LED Plant Grow Light For Hydroponic Garden Greenhouse).
It's the only thing i have used and I cant seem to find much recent info on them. I gave this bulb a shot because the santa monica turf things all use red leds. My macros seem like they grow pretty fast and look healthy.
What lighting are people having success with macro growth?

This little tao light has 2 different red led 660 & 630 a couple of each and 460 blue all for 25 bucks
. I have been looking at a few other ones with uv and infrared. It would be about 100 bucks for a single lamp. Might be time for a science experiment when my wife isnt looking.

Not exactly DIY but I have an ebay china special 27W 6xred(630-660nm) and 3xblue(430-460nm) LED 'plant' light on my chaeto and it grows faster than kudzu. Floodlight blub shaped heatsink.

Since November I've sold off 3.5lbs dry weight. I never got anywhere close to that growth rate out of the previous 6500k CFL home depot flood bulb I used. One of the reds blew on it after a year and I soldered a jumper around it to keep it going. I'm currently debating DIYing the replacement so I can include a white or two.

Back