Running two returns together?

db366

Reaction score
This is for my FW tank. I have a Wet dry sump and a Canister filter. I have hidden the input of the canister filter in the overflow of the tank but I was thinking if it would work could I wye the return of the canister with the return of the sump? I just want to hide as much as possible.

You will have to use one way check valves if not one may over power the other why not have the canaster pick up and return to The sump if you can

db366;768895 wrote: This is for my FW tank. I have a Wet dry sump and a Canister filter. I have hidden the input of the canister filter in the overflow of the tank but I was thinking if it would work could I wye the return of the canister with the return of the sump? I just want to hide as much as possible.

I would have a pump supply the canister filter, and then return the water to the sump...then have the second pump act as return. You could return the filtered water into the section of sump that holds the return water...that way you are not immediately filtering already filtered water...

CJ

Back