Rush move pointers

saltwaterwannabe

Market
Reaction score
I just learned the hardwood refinishers are coning at 730 Friday morning.  I was not planning to move my tank until next week and have no preparations other than dirty tanks at my new house.  The 180 I picked up developed a leak so I cannot use it yet and mtmy 100 that was going to be my sump was slightly damaged and needs to be leak tested before use.

That saidn ir would seem likely I have to move my water stationn go back for the tank and fish while making water, and setup my 90 again.

I am sure to miss something being in an unprepared  rush so if anyone has reminders or pointers it would be greatly appteciated!

I convinced tbe floor guys to start after 4pm, so I am much better off now and am much more comfortable with the short tank move time.

It is leaking form the seam.  When I was cleaning it I noticed a section of seal was white and when I moved the vacuum near it 10 inches of the seal sucked out.  It was leaking a little, which I thought was from the loosely tightenned bulkheads, but on further inspection there was water present on the outside and bottom of the tank where the seal was sucked out.  The top braces have stretched and go from bowing about an inch to tight when filled with water and the largest area of deflection is where the seal was bad.  I did not measure it, but it looked like the tank was a good 3/4" wider at the top when filled with water.  I plan to fix the tank by resealling and replacing the top braces, but I am not putting it on my new house hardwoods.

I cannot find my tools after the tank move so everything did not go as planned.  My coral and fish have been at 65 degrees and below for about 7 hours  now and I still have not got my water started.  Is there hope for the fish and coral or should I just call it a reatart?

Coral and fish are in a 29 gal qt with all heaters I have.  Dri ing to ol house to see if tools and remaining equipment were left by the movers.

Fish are not well, but still alive.  I do not know about the coral yet.  I will hang a light when I return

I have some extra heater u can borrow but Iam in Norcross 30071 ( 5 min from Jimmy Carter). Let me know if u need

404-421-4670 text

i also have some space on my cube frag tank if u wanna put your corals there ( no fish )

I scavanged a 300 watt inline heater from my old cichlid setup that was still at my old house.  I also found my plumbing parts so I am adding a tap for a water station.

Thanks for the offer though

My 90 gallon tank and sump have been sitting witb a minimal amount of sand and water that I was not able to siphon off for about a day and a half.  Is it OK to just fill it woth watet and reaume use or do I need to clean it?

I have a 30 gallon with not much coral and no fish in it, if you want to keep stuff in it until you get set up.

Thanks for the offer.  I managed to get a a 29 gallon with 20 gallon sump setup. I leak tested the 100 gallon tank I was intending to use as a sump and found it was fine, so I will be setting it up today and will use it as the DT until I setup the main DT on the main floor.

Here is my sump room atm.  It is a bit of a train wreck right now but has tons of potential.  I found there are already two stub ins for future showers, so I have built in floor drains with very little effort.  I learned by accident that one of the drains is the natural low point in the room so double bonus!

I will start a build thread later.  My shop will be the next room over with door to sidewalk.  I have visions of a few frag tanks and QTs in the future.

Back