Rust or orange algae?

scooter413

Market
Reaction score
I was moving things around in my sump this evening and moved a bag of carbon and this is what I found. It was a changed 1 week ago to a new brand and it sits on a egg crate shelf under my feed lines. Is this something to worry about. Its all over the egg crate that it was sitting on.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

Not until tonight. That's how I found it while rearranging the sump to fit in the GFO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, GFO was added after?

Looks to me like GFO was not entirely rinsed and this is the byproduct of that. If that is not it then I'm stumped.

It cannot be the GFO. I found this before I even turned on the pump for the reactor. The red material was also inside the bag that the carbon was in. Wondering if there was some type of metal in the carbon container because it was brand new canister of it. I pitched it last night so its not in the tank now.
Thanks for trying to figure it out.

That's the problem. Scrap it and use just about anything else.

Wow. Wonder what the problem is with it. Just bought a two pack and now need to throw it away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear ya. Gave it a shot a while ago and had the same thing happen. I think another member had the same result. I've also noticed the store I got it from also stopped carrying it, so I guess it was a common occurrence.

Back