Market
Reaction score
My anemone decided to make a snack out of my yellow head goby :-/

ac81be2a0af3365e38539906293264aa.jpg
alt="" />
322f2dafbfc68557e82f836af3ed5172.jpg
alt="" />

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that. My jebao decided to make a snack out of my anemone as well. #sadface

did you see it happen? I've seen my clown get in the anemone and use his tail to throw tentacles at other fish. It's crazy to watch, he's never hit anything with them but been close.

Wow! I've seen him do that before... Maybe it was an assassination?

I wouldn't put it past a clown to take money for a hit. I'd keep an eye on your fish for possible suspects.

I'm surprised you got a pic of it. My LTA ate a small copperband once and it was over in less than 10 seconds. And I mean from the first tentacle touching to completely engulfed and not visible.

Well I had just fed them (it split about 2 weeks ago) a piece of shrimp. Then I walk by the tank later that morning and I see the goby flapping under his tentacles. Next thing I know the clown is assisting the anemone to get the gobys head in the anemones mouth....I actually have a video. Perverse I know but realistically its a natural thing that happened. Just wished it didn't.

it is more probable that the Goby might have started to get sick, then the Anemone got him. A healthy Goby can escape an RBTA under normal circumstances.

I don't think it was the fact that the anemone grabbed him and he couldn't get away. I think the anemone stung him.

No way a bta can eat a healthy fish....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

my LTA stings way harder than my bta's, (just a lot stickier feel). and even the healthy fish around the LTA can take a sting, they just dart away. They don't get immobilized and sucked in unless they are sick typically.

Back