Sad

jbt24

Market
Reaction score
Over the last couple of weeks i have been working a lot of hours at work and just got a new puppy, havent been payin attention to the tank like i should be and today it finally paid the price. Got home couple of corals were bleached, lost my cleaner shrimp saw snails dead. It was my fault my ammonia spiked very badly and my nitrates were up. I am just venting on this thread b/c i am frustrated. Over the next couple of days i will be doing some major water changes to get the levels back normal.

Sorry to hear that. That's one thing about reef tanks... they let you know if they think you're not spending enough "quality" time with them. :) How long has the tank been running?

Its still a new tank it has only been running for 2-3 months the corals i lost were just frags the thing i am upset about is my cleaner he was great wasnt shy at all always was out.

If you need some hardy coral. I have xenia, kenya tree, colt coral, purple digitata, green star polyps and some various zoanthids I can frag for you.

Merlin

How high did you ammonia get? When was your last addition to the tank? I'm not trying drill you with questions, but it sound (to me) like something might have happened in the tank other than lack of attention.

My tank is 40 gallons and i have about 60lbs of live rock in there

Sorry about your loss. My tank is about as new as yours. So far all my parms have been 0 -- but I have been moving very slowly with new additions etc. At this point I have not done a water change because I don't have much of a bio load in the tank.

I'm facing the typical start up algae that most get. It's not too bad but I see it accumulating on the sand and glass.

The ARC community is really great -- I have posted many questions and always gotten a kind and helpful response.

-gene

Back