Safest Way to Aquascape?

jeffandkelly

Market
Reaction score
I have decided I dont like the scape in my cube.

I want to rework it and add some additional rock. What is the best way to do that to not throw the whole system out of whack?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

As long as you’re not letting the rock dry out, nor stirring up the sand too much, you should be fine. Generally, I’d try to keep the overhaul to under an hour long.

Its also good to make sure you aren’t squishing fish, but that should go without saying.

Just try to keep disturbing the sand bed to a minimum. That's what can really kick up a lot of stuff and cause issues a few weeks later. When I've undertaken tank swaps (typically use new sand and leave the old), I like to make sure I have a test for ammonia. I'll test for it a few times in the following weeks just to make sure there isn't an issue but there's never been one.

Just try to keep disturbing the sand bed to a minimum. That's what can really kick up a lot of stuff and cause issues a few weeks later. When I've undertaken tank swaps (typically use new sand and leave the old), I like to make sure I have a test for ammonia. I'll test for it a few times in the following weeks just to make sure there isn't an issue but there's never been one.
maybe go ahead and vacuum the sand bed during your next few water changes to minimize what you'll stir up

Do smaller changes over a few weeks would probably be better than a complete rescape at once it sounds like.

i just see issues I did with the original and before I get more coral I want to make some changes.

Be careful not to add too much base rock (if the new rock isn’t live) because it could cause a mini cycle

Back