Safety- fish tank stepstools

sharis100

Supporting
Reaction score
So, yesterday I was home alone working down in the fishroom and I was on one of my plastic stools doing tank related things- I am short and our tanks are tall or wide. And as I was getting off, the stool shifted and my ankle twisted and down I went backwards into one of my rolling brutes and onto the floor. Really feeling it today. So, at the request of my family, and for my own safety, I am rethinking how I can get ‘taller’ to service my systems. Any suggestions for sturdier saltwater resistant portable climbing apparatus that might be more sturdy than plastic filings stepstools? Also, learned the lesson to bring my phone with me when I am working on the fishtanks.

These are much sturdier than a little one up step stool imo. I don’t remember what brand I have but I use it for everything, trimming hedges, aquarium work, grabbing stuff in the garage up high. Mine is aluminum so it’s light weight too.

So, yesterday I was home alone working down in the fishroom and I was on one of my plastic stools doing tank related things- I am short and our tanks are tall or wide. And as I was getting off, the stool shifted and my ankle twisted and down I went backwards into one of my rolling brutes and onto the floor. Really feeling it today. So, at the request of my family, and for my own safety, I am rethinking how I can get ‘taller’ to service my systems. Any suggestions for sturdier saltwater resistant portable climbing apparatus that might be more sturdy than plastic filings stepstools? Also, learned the lesson to bring my phone with me when I am working on the fishtanks.
I'm glad to hear your ok, a little late but please be careful.

Tish is vertically challenged a little - I can second the step stool hiimsean linked above - it's easy to move around - deployable with 1 hand and one of the more sturdy and safe step stools we've had. I'm not the skinniest person on the planet and I can attest to this holding me while I'm holding 50+ pounds - no wobbling or feeling like it's about to collapse.

I got a Cosco step ladder. It was from costco but they have them at target too. Much more sturdy and the extra step up makes a world of difference when I am working on taller and deeper tanks.

I did purchase a safety osha compliant nonslip foot stool ladder- and I must admit it is much sturdier then the flimsy plastic stool I was using. Much safer. Should have done this from the start…..Would have saved me the bumps and bruises

I did purchase a safety osha compliant nonslip foot stool ladder- and I must admit it is much sturdier then the flimsy plastic stool I was using. Much safer. Should have done this from the start…..
Was actually just typing out a recommendation 2 or 3 step step stool.

Back