salt parms

eagle9252

Market
Reaction score
<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">was doing some LQQking around and found these numbers. The disturbing thing is it LQQKs like the </span></span><span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">SeaChem Reef Salt</span></span><span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;"> has the best numbers.</span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;"><span style="color: black;">I guess it has to do with the trace elements.</span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">Salt Product Calcium Alkalinity Magnesium</span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">Instant Ocean 400 11 1350</span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">Red Sea Coral Pro 490 7 1300</span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">Reef Crystals 490 7 1300</span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">SeaChem Reef Salt 540 10 1450</span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">SeaChem Salinity 437 3.5/meg 1263</span></span>

I've seen so many different post with people sharing numbers that they get from their salt mixes. Too many variable to really take that that stuff seriously. Those numbers may be close, but who knows what kits are being used and if the kits are accurate and so on and so forth.

I agree, the chart I got was from reefcentral but the SeaChem Salinity was from their web site.

The Reef Crystals #'s are off for sure.

I beleive they are in the area of cal 450, Alk 11, and Mg 1350.

Something seems off about this since Salinity is made in-house by Seachem and is their deluxe salt, that is supposed to be superior to seachem reef salt. As such, the large disparity in values between the two, especially one that suggest their cheaper salt is so much better see,s counter-intuitive.

Those numbers for seachem reef salt are just asking for an imbalance. 540 for the ca? My guess it that there will be precipitation in mixing containers.

Back