Salt Powerbuy soon???

maveri9720

Market
Reaction score
Starting to run low on salt, so I was wondering if there is going to be a Powerbuy on salt sometime soon? If not, then I will place my order for some.

Right now, Drs Foster and Smith are having a sale on IO and Reef Crystals.

If we could get free shipping for x amount of salt bought, that would be a super deal. IO is on sale for $30 and Reef Crystals is on sale for $32 for the 5g buckets.

Whatcha all think?

You just missed the one at Imagine Ocean not too long ago...

I spoke with Dr. F&S in the past for club related group buys and they aren't willing to offer any more than 10% off (not sure if they're willing to offer a discount on sale items either)

...and no luck with the free shipping (I tried).

Great thing about DrsFosterSmith with the salt is the cheap shipping. If you want salt, now is certianly the time to get it with the sale they are running.

Yea, I knew about the last Powerbuy, but that was in Nov. and I personally didn't think the price was right. If I remember right, the going rate for Reef Crystals was $45 for 5g and with Drs Foster and Smith w/ shipping will come to $36/5g w/ no ARC discount, so that's why I didn't take part in the last one. Plus, I still had a couple buckets lying around too.

Yea, not sure how much they would budge with already low prices, but I thought maybe the free shipping would be something we could haggle with, but I guess not. Thanks for trying though.

I'll just put in an order now then.

Thanks.

Maveri9720 wrote: Yea, I knew about the last Powerbuy, but that was in Nov. and I personally didn't think the price was right.

I made a DrF&S order at the same time as that salt powerbuy myself...

Yea Wei, you must have missed my post.

Here's a link: http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1858">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1858</a>

I am about to finish my canopy by the middle of next week, then the MH's will go in there and I can start bugging people for frags then.

*cough, Wei, cough, Tony, cough, Shawn, cough, cough*

what are "frags?" I guess I can put some in my pocket and bring it to you at the next meeting for a frag of a fresh benjamin off of a full stack of benji's

Whenever your ready I will frag up some things for ya. Hey if you havent ordered your salt yet let me know. I need to order a couple of buckets myself and was going to order from Dr's F&S. I was waiting on 1st of the month to order.

Hey Shawn, I haven't ordered yet, so I'll wait on you before I place my order. If you get a chance, try to contact Drs F&S and see how long they will be running the sale for on IO and Reef Crystals. If it ends before the 1st, I'll spot you and you pay me back later.

And I will sure let you know when I am ready, thanks again.

Wei, you suk! I'll give you a frag of a benjamin, maybe the top corner or something. I'm sure you have something to frag in the tank. Or I can play you for some frags, Texas Hold'em Style.

Hey I can order it just let me know what you want. Shipping rocks from Drs F&S I put in for 7 buckets and its only 16 bucks for shipping.

Anything else other than the salt? Man Fedx is gonna think im converting my pool to saltwater hahahahaha. Maybe I could put a beluga whale in there :)

Nope, just salt for now.

Yea, I am sure the delivery person will be cursing you out. Those buckets are heavy!

Yes the buckets are heavy and the delivery guys usually destroy the poor ol box around the bucket. I think they play soccer with the buckets of salt on lunch breaks. Good thing the buckets are strong and the salt doesnt ever seem to mind. :) :) :)

Boxes????

Last time mine came, which coincidentally, was my first time, there were no boxes, just buckets by themselves. Oh well, like you said, the salt doesn't mind and if it doesn't, then I don't.

Nice avatar by the way, I have 2 Weims myself. Great dogs.

Yeah I have never had them send boxes. they just left the buckets by the garage door.

Ha. That is funny. All of mine (I think 8 buckets) each had a destroyed box just barely hanging on. Made it really difficult for the delivery man to hold the package without the handle. I wonder if yours started with boxes that were shredded and lost in transit???
My Weim is a knucklehead and made a long trip over to the grocery store about a quarter mile from the house and ate some garbage. Not sure what he got into but I caught him in my truck on his way home. His breath was absolutely RANK :yuk: and he has been pretty sick since. He is going to get to deal with the cold now because of it. :sad:

Back