Salt question

putemup

Market
Reaction score
For years I've always used salinity with no serious issues. Recently, I've heard some pretty positive things about the salt "Tropic Marine (pro-ref)". I decided to try a bucket to see how my tank responds. As for cost purposes it's actually more expensive than salinity but I'm definitely not saying more expensive is better because just as I stated earlier, I've had no issues with salinity.

I know salinity has trace elements already added but what I don't know is does this Tropic Marine? Has anyone ever tried this stuff and if so how did your tank respond.

Thanks

I've heard nothing but good things about tropic Marin pro. It does have trace elements in it like salinity has. It's actually the salt that is suggested to use by the Triton method due to its ideal levels of trace elements and big three (cal,alk&mag). I have personally used salinity for a few years and I've had my tanks tested. They have all tested great with the only difference being that tropic Marin pro has an alk of 8ish and salinity is 9ish.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I've used Salinity, Tropic Marin, Red Sea Coral Pro, IO, Red Sea Blue Bucket

I went from Salinity to Tropic Marin when I started Triton but have moved over to Blue Bucket since they are both recommended by Triton due to them both mixing as close to natural sea water as possible.

No issue with either Just went with the Red Sea Blue Bucket based on price.

If you have the money TM pro is the best salt I have ever used. Mixes up clear and quickly, and it doesnt even need to be dosed at all the levels are so high. Great stuff.

That said, I use reef crystals and dose it a bit to where I want it. When you can mix it and let it sit for a day and when you have a big tank TM really isnt worth the cost.

Or you can not do waterchanges like my 180g sps tank.... ;)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back