Salt Question

sbmille2

Supporting
Reaction score
For the last 2+ years I've been buying my reef crystals through amazon. It's always been priced $45-50 for the 200 gallon mix and delivered for free. I haven't been that pleased with the salt and was looking into alternatives but have had a hard time finding other brands in bulk online for a reasonable price. I live in Buckhead, so going to the local stores is a bit of a trip plus I have lug a ton of salt because of my system size. Ideally based on some research I've done, I'd either like salinty or Red Sea pro. I go through about a box of reef crystals a month. Any secrets out there I'm missing?

I use the Red Sea pro salt. Main thing to look into is what are the demands of your tank related to CA/Alk/Mg.. and trace elements. Red Sea comes with 'ideal' levels.. I have seen tanks maintained with only that salt, regular water changes and amazing coral growth . I personally buy it locally and pay retail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when i just was running a 210 i used salinty and had much better color and growth. since adding the 300 and bigger sump to the system, I went with reef crystals simply bc of the price and quality compared to instant ocean. Coming in 50 gallon bag is really convenient for water changes as my brute is 50 gallons so it's easy and clean. I recently purchased a bucket of red sea pro and have used it with a bag a rc to get the exact salinity i want as the bag comes in a little low.

sbmille2;1104358 wrote: For the last 2+ years I've been buying my reef crystals through amazon. It's always been priced $45-50 for the 200 gallon mix and delivered for free. I haven't been that pleased with the salt and was looking into alternatives but have had a hard time finding other brands in bulk online for a reasonable price. I live in Buckhead, so going to the local stores is a bit of a trip plus I have lug a ton of salt because of my system size. Ideally based on some research I've done, I'd either like salinty or Red Sea pro. I go through about a box of reef crystals a month. Any secrets out there I'm missing?
What about the salt are you not pleased with?

Following, I have used reef crystals for years. If you find a parameter comparison chart of all the salts... Reef crystals is right in the middle. A best of everything, if you will.
Chris

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back