Saltwaterfish.com

NanCrab

Supporting
Reaction score
Anyone every buy from here? What was your experience? Obviously they would go through full QT period.
We’ve never bought online so no experience.
Thanks for your feedback in advance!

six of one, half a dozen of the other...pretty similar to site like liveaquaria. do not get any corals from these online vendors that sell both corals and fish.

also, expect their special priced fishes or freebie fishes on the smaller/juvi side.
I’m just looking for fish. I buy all my coral from other ARC members like you! 😍

I personally have found that ordering online is best for a rare fish you cannot find locally. If the fish you want is present locally in a LFS, you know it has made the thousands of miles trek from ocean to Georgia in one piece, and all that is left is a short car trip to your house. If you see it eat at the store, I would not hesitate to buy that fish. But definitely QT no matter where you get it from. That said, I have ordered online from time to time, again mostly for something I really wanted that could not be easily found locally (like Watanabi angel, blue spot leopard wrasse, etc.). Or sometimes Liveaquaria has crazy sales for common but expensive fish, like $89 purple tang, I snatched that up. Treat your QT not as a punishment, but as a fun first tank for you to observe and get to know the fish, while you make sure it is reasonably cleared of parasites and issues. In QT, the big killers are ammonia and oxygen depletion, so do water changes, use bacteria in a bottle (and perhaps media from your DT), and powerhead(s) for good water flow.

I personally have found that ordering online is best for a rare fish you cannot find locally. If the fish you want is present locally in a LFS, you know it has made the thousands of miles trek from ocean to Georgia in one piece, and all that is left is a short car trip to your house. If you see it eat at the store, I would not hesitate to buy that fish. But definitely QT no matter where you get it from. That said, I have ordered online from time to time, again mostly for something I really wanted that could not be easily found locally (like Watanabi angel, blue spot leopard wrasse, etc.). Or sometimes Liveaquaria has crazy sales for common but expensive fish, like $89 purple tang, I snatched that up. Treat your QT not as a punishment, but as a fun first tank for you to observe and get to know the fish, while you make sure it is reasonably cleared of parasites and issues. ✅ In QT, the big killers are ammonia and oxygen depletion, so do water changes, use bacteria in a bottle (and perhaps media from your DT), and powerhead(s) for good water flow.✅
Thanks Art!! I ordered 4 fish and a blue link is starfish I’ve wanted forever. The DT is quite established now and disease free (except for the danger vermited snails! NOTHING WORKS to get rid of them!). I fully intend to thoroughly QT everything I bring in. I have 6-7 corals in QT not (separate QT). Setting up the QT with some water from the DT, seeded sponges from the sump and fresh salt water. Will keep close track of the ammonia. I have a hang on back filter for the fish QT and always add an air stone, especially if medicating. I’m going to do a freshwater dip on each of them first then observe. Will probably treat with PraziPro just to make sure no parasites. They are all tiny but I couldn’t pass up my favorite brown naso tang for $49 and a blue regal for $30. Also got a nice wrasse and an Ignitus Anthias. I love those but they were expensive on this site so I’ll get a couple more from The Fish Store since I have a gift certificate there.
Our next move is to build a nice water station in the basement and upgrade to a 180-210 😃😃

Back