Sand Stirrers

lmm1967

Reaction score
How many of what is everyone (everyone that has sand) using?

I have roughly 2" sandbed in my 4' 120g.

Right now just have 1 tiger tail cucumber, 1 Tiger Serpent Starfish that would qualify as sand stirring things.

Tank in its current setup has been running since February - some of the sand and all of the rock came out of a 60g that had been up for a few years.

Thinking about adding at least 1 more cucumber and probably a couple fighting conch for now.

I just have nassarius snails, but my tank is a nano.

On man, now CoralFish12g's (on youtube) Nassarius Snails song is in my head.

This guy.

9u9y3H0.jpg

Not a single grain goes untouched with him in the tank.

Ahhh - I do have a pistol shrimp - but he stays underneath the same rock all the time. We love hearing him snap at night!

I have everything on listed so far plus 2 sand sifting stars. The more the merrier, within reason.

Ahhh - I do have a pistol shrimp - but he stays underneath the same rock all the time. We love hearing him snap at night!
does he have a goby? I have a pink spotted watchman and I see the shrimp out daily and at night he re does large sections of my tank.

does he have a goby? I have a pink spotted watchman and I see the shrimp out daily and at night he re does large sections of my tank.
He did when we first got him. The Goby disappeared within about 2 weeks. No other casualties in the tank so not real sure what happened to him.

Back