Sand

I use sand by these guys (available from most of our Sponsors):

a>

Acroholic;326027 wrote: I use sand by these guys (available from most of our Sponsors):

http://www.caribsea.com">www.caribsea.com</a>[/QUOTE]

I use the same.

atreyu917;326035 wrote: I'm using CaribSea Aragonite 40lbs dry I'm putting in and 40lbs live sand. Same brand.

I used the same... sorry should have been more specific.:doh:

hay is there live sand the crappy stuff i thought if it came in a bag like that with water in it you where just wasting your money

GTOX44;326033 wrote: Which type?

In my 210 I use Arag-Alive Figi Pink. In my 100 I use Arag-Alive Hawaiian Black, and in my 20" cube tank I use Arag-Alive Indo-Pacific Black.
dave

Delloman;326040 wrote: hay is there live sand the crappy stuff i thought if it came in a bag like that with water in it you where just wasting your money

I don't care about the "live" part. I bought it because I like the way it looks and it doesn't need any rinsing. The 40# bags of unwashed sand from Caribsea are really dirty and cloud the water for a really long time, even with rinsing. You can't buy Hawaiian Black or Indo-Pacific substrate any other way than the pre-rinsed, live version anyways.

Have you ever seen how much water actually comes in those bags anyways, only about a pint?

Back