Schedule for next year? Too early to plan!

wannabeeareefkeeper

Market
Reaction score
How about a trip to Savannah/Tybee Island for the children, i.e. dolphin/turtle rescue mission? I posted before here at ARC about how important it is to get the children involved in this hobby. You may gain the children's interests in becoming a Veterinary, a Marine Biologist, a Park Ranger, etc. as they continue to past through middle school, high school and beyond. Create some Great ARC meetings to educate the general public as well.

I read a post about this years schedule for ARC meetings is already planned out. Hopefully some of those events are setup for children. We had a meeting a couple years ago that involved microscopes and micro living things in our reef tanks. That was very cool and to see the younger kids getting involved was very special. Grownups were also learning from this experience presented at the ARC meeting.

Wannabee

Thats a great point and we really can do a better job getting our kids and significant others more involved in our community. We are always open to any suggestions on planning our events and educating our members. Next months meeting will be awesome as we have Ashley, one of the researchers with the Coral Restoration Foundation will be here to tell us all about the work they are doing on saving our Coral Reefs. Please, continue to throw ideas out there so we can plan some amazing meeting that will benefit our community and their families.

Back