Scolly help

lsu_fishfan

Market
Reaction score
I've had this scolly in my tank for a few monthes now, when first introduced he started to recede, so I moved it out of direct lighting. He started to look better. But last week, I noticed a little recession agian. It's in the corner out of direct lighting, but he is under a powerhead( not sure what type, think its a tunze). The recession is on the side underneath the powerhead, so I pointed it more towards the surface of the water. I'm running AI sol blues whites 32% blue 60% and royal blue 55%. Is there any tips that you guys could give for placement and care. He is also placed beside a tongue coral, but I don't think that's the problem.

Mine is front and center on the sandbed of my tank with no shade. It's also moved away from anything around it.

I had a chalice near it for a while, but eventually the two began stinging each other. It took a couple weeks for the tissue to heal after I moved the chalice.

Here is a pic of the scolly, are the little hairs in the middle feeding tentacles? They are waving around so I'm not sure.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
996500=57504-image.jpg
>
996500=57504-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Yes. Have you been feeding it? Turn the flow off and feed it some meaty food. Frozen or even a silverside. It can eat the silverside whole.

rdnelson99;996501 wrote: Yes. Have you been feeding it? Turn the flow off and feed it some meaty food. Frozen or even a silverside. It can eat the silverside whole.

Ok thanks for the info

Yes on the feeder tentacles and it looks like it's starving. Rich is right on - feed it and fatten it. Rich rehabilitated one that way a few years back.

Jenn

JennM;996508 wrote: Yes on the feeder tentacles and it looks like it's starving. Rich is right on - feed it and fatten it. Rich rehabilitated one that way a few years back.

Jenn

Wish I had it back but it raised some cash for Breast Cancer research so I guess I will live. :)

JennM;996508 wrote: Yes on the feeder tentacles and it looks like it's starving. Rich is right on - feed it and fatten it. Rich rehabilitated one that way a few years back.

Jenn

Thanks
I've never fed it real meaty food, might try a piece of a silverside tonight.
How often would you recommend feeding it?

I fed mine every couple days. If it didn't want it, it spit it out and the CUC got a treat. LOL. It's pretty cool watching them eat.

Back