scooter blenny

oil_fan

Market
Reaction score
I have a possibility of obtaining on a scooter blenny. I have an established 65 gallon tank (up and running for a year now). My question is it safe to put in? I have a yellow tang and a flame angel that were added 6 months ago. They're not aggressive but I haven't added any fish since them and I don't know how they'll react to a new fish since they are known as semi-aggressive.

Any info would be good....and thanks.

I have heard that they are aggressive towards yellow tangs-but have no personal experience with the scooters-I would think it would be OK, but I'm sure others have an input more viable than mine.

I have had experience with a yellow tang and a scooter in a 75. Never had a problem, scooter stays on substrate or skipping across rocks. The tang never seem to have any interest in picking on him.

The tang and the blenny should not bother each other. I would be more concerned that the Scooter Blenny gets enough to eat. I would check to see what it has been eating since some do not adapt to frozen or pellets and only eat live pods, etc.

Ok so I'm not so worried about the other fish in the tank but I'm pretty sure I don't have copods to feed the guy. So unless he's been trained to eat brine and such, I may have a problem...

We have a scooter blenny in a 30g with a wrasse, purple tilefish, clown, cleaner shrimp, starry night blenny, little brittlestar, purple firefish. No issues and scooter is eating frozen brine.

My scooter will eat anything. Even krill if it is in front of him.

Back