Scott's Fairy Wrasse from FSM

jessezm

Market
Reaction score
Just picked up this baby from FS&M. 25% off all stock today! They got one more just like him.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
69456=4516-HPIM1351.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
69456=4516-HPIM1351.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="HPIM1351.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
69456=4515-HPIM1355.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
69456=4515-HPIM1355.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="HPIM1355.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Jesse, I saw them when I got the exquist* wrasses Wed and they looked great. Glad to see you were able to get one.....

What all wrasses do you have in your tank? I have a handful that all appear to be getting along great now.

I have you to thank for the heads up there, Mike. As far as wrasses go, I have:

--a trio of redfin fairy wrasses
--a Solaransis (solar) fairy wrasse (in the 2nd picture above)
--a Whip fin fairy wrasse
--a Scott's fairy wrasse
--a Debeilius' fairy wrasse (c. adornatus)
--a Timor wrasse (in the 1st picture above)

I've had two flashers, a filamented and a blue, and they have both jumped, one right after the other. They're the only fish I've lost from this tank.

jessezm;69469 wrote: I have you to thank for the heads up there, Mike. As far as wrasses go, I have:

--a trio of redfin fairy wrasses
--a Solaransis (solar) fairy wrasse (in the 2nd picture above)
--a Whip fin fairy wrasse
--a Scott's fairy wrasse
--a Debeilius' fairy wrasse (c. adornatus)
--a Timor wrasse (in the 1st picture above)

I've had two flashers, a filamented and a blue, and they have both jumped, one right after the other. They're the only fish I've lost from this tank.

When they jumped? where did they end up? or does system not have a canopy?

I have
-2 exquist wrasses (one is primarily green with red, other has a lot of red)
-Xmas wrasse
- Carpenters flasher wrasse
- Whipfin wrasse

I have another carpenter, ,whipfin, and a yellow coris until my eel got out of my overflow and made easy work of them sleeping up against the glass....

and then he was traded in

nice fish, but tsk tsk- no quarantine? That will come back to haunt you one day!

I already have ich in my tank--it only shows up on my regal from time to time for a day or two. Been like that for months now... Anyhow, I know, I know, I'm a boob.

Mike, I never found the flashers, I'm just assuming they jumped. Once I smelled a rotten smell behind my tank, but I can't get back there or see back there. Another possibility is the brittle star, since the flashers tended to wedge themselves between a rock and the sand at night. I'm working on fashioning some netting, but haven't done it yet (which is why you don't see a supermale lineatus in there...)

jmaneyapanda;69472 wrote: nice fish, but tsk tsk- no quarantine? That will come back to haunt you one day!

I was thinking the same thing. And I don't think it was ich that killed our fish so quickly. Some of the deadly stuff you just can't see 'til it's too late. I'll Q/T everything, heck even snails/crabs..

But ... wishing you the best of luck! Beautiful fish ~ congrats!

Pretty scott's. Looks to be the australian version?

Don't worry bout the QT, I never QT wrasses either. :) The only ailment they seem to be susceptible to is swim bladder infection, but that's typically not contagious.

Thanks--That's been my experience with wrasses, too. By the way, Jin, I'm going to have some nice monti's to trade with you--just picked up a nice m. confusa colony, and what I think is a purple mollis colony. I may have some more stuff coming in soon....

Oh, and I'm pretty sure it's an aussie. Lot of green in him--just doesn't photgraph well.

Nice! I have some kind of purple haze monti I've been growing out that I can trade later as well. Its the brightest coral in my tank bar none. Kind of bright magenta. Growing pretty quick too.

Sounds nice. I've already accidentally fragged the confusa--I put it on a plug to see how fast it would encrust....

FutureInterest;69547 wrote: Pretty scott's. Looks to be the australian version?

Don't worry bout the QT, I never QT wrasses either. :) The only ailment they seem to be susceptible to is swim bladder infection, but that's typically not contagious.

Good luck to both you guys.

I am really surprised, coming from you two, because you both seem very seasoned and educated. What makes me laugh is that you are making a claim that the only disease that effects fairy wrasses is a "swim bladder disease" which is not contagious. That is laughable. I can EASILY name a bucket more diseases that can and will afflict this family of fishes.

You should be careful who you mock. If you dont want to use QT, or think it's risky, or whatever, don't. I understand that. But dont make ridiculous claims such as that, and then try to act all high and mighty. I canm back up what I'm saying, can you?

Sorry to get so aggressively on my soapbox, but I dont like getting pushed around- I push back.

Woah! Chillax man, you're clearly misinterpreting my inflection. I was attempting some levity and I intended it to be good natured. Anyways, I don't recommend not QTing, far from it. I do not however QT for 2 weeks to a month as others do. In some instances the QT might be less than a day. That's how I roll, but kids don't try this at home!

Likewise, I would not recommend such a lackadaisical approach to those wanting to keep their tank absolutely pest free. Folks work with what they've got. I'm not, and I don't think Jin is claiming fairies can't carry other diseases. Mostly, though, I've found them to be hardy fish. I'm certainly didn't mean to act all high and mighty at your expense, but if you have such an important point to make, you could do it in a separate post, and not scold me here and get taken aback when I don't apologize. In fact, I gave my mea culpa above, stating that I know it's not best practices, and I'm a boob. That's as far as I feel I need to go with it. Can't we all just get along?

For the record, I have no issue whatsoever with what was said in the previous two posts. If that is the way you guys do it, that's fine with me. I have issue with comments like these:

Aww shucks. Nice to see that you care :). Good luck right back at you!

and this:

You're giving me a good laugh, Jin.

Making patronizing remarks like that will illicit a response. It may be in "good fun" for the person who says it, but not for the recipient.

Back