Screen Top Parts

iu_gary

Supporting
Reaction score
Hello - I'm working on building some new screen tops for my tank and wanted to see if anyone has found a website to get the parts other than from BulkReef or similar. I have built ones from materials from Home Depot but I need to have some inside corners and they don't have inside corners at HD or Lowes.

Here is a link to something I'm trying to mimic that is made by RedSea. The cut outs in the middle top are where I need to find the right inside corners for using on my tops. Trying not to drop $200 on 3 tops when I can build it for a lot less.

Screen Top.PNG

Pure Reef has the zigzags for $9 a pack. I actually have two packs of them I'm not using if you want them. I've got some extra screen too.

Could you send me a pic or a link? I’m not familiar with the zigzags? My cell is 678-502-0709

I was talking to the Pure Reef guys about this not long ago. The reason they don't build them themselves and sell them is because they can't find anywhere to buy the inside corners. Red Sea appears to know, but I guess they ain't tellin'. The zig-zags are sold by RedSea to make the cut-outs for the light clamps etc. that you see in your picture. I don't know if they'll fit any frame, of if there issomething proprietary about them and they only fit the Red Sea frames.

Thanks for posting the pic. Do you know if it works with the HD/Lowes frame or only the Red Sea frame?

I bought the Red Sea cut out kit yesterday and wanted to see if it fits in the existing frame I have or not. If so I can purchase 2 more and make it work.

Screen Top 2.png

Those corners look like they just flipped them over and that its the same exact pieces.

I know you pay a premium for a real acrylic top, but in a hobby of expensive goods, this is dollar for dollar the best money I have spent: a custom acrylic border screen lid for my rimless tank.

Back