sea turtles and jelly fish

jaydm93teg

Market
Reaction score
does anyone know of anybody that has sea turtles in their tank.......no i dont want one i only have an 80 gallon but was just wondering if its possible.....

also what about jelly fish can you keep those in a tank??

o would they get stuck in the corners of a regualr tank?? haha yeah i have never seen them for sale either thats why i was asking.

there are people who keep them, but they are extremely hard to care for. jellyfish that is.

i ran into an online retailer that sold them for cheap but the tank is the huge expense.

yeah i couldnt imagine trying to take care of jellyfish seems like it would be a cool thing to have in a display tank.......do u think they would be ok in a reef tank with other fish or is that something that would strictly be a jellyfish tank and thats it......

Upside down jellies are common on wholesaler lists. They are good in a nano with minimal flow, no bubbles, and no sharp objects.

Other jellies (moon, etc) need more specialized care and tanks. They are available at only a few wholesalers. They really need a kressel system to keep them suspended.

so an upside down jelly could go in my 12 gallon nano with my 2 clowns and some LR or would it need to be by itself in the tank.?

jaydm93teg;181189 wrote: so an upside down jelly could go in my 12 gallon nano with my 2 clowns and some LR or would it need to be by itself in the tank.?

It might injure itself on the live rock. It depends on the make up. They can propel themselves to some extent.

We had a couple in a 65 gallon tank with live rock and a few fish. They were cool for about a week, then one constantly would get stuck in the overflow. Interestingly, the other rarely did. They might have shown some learning behavior, or the other one was just plain stupid.

Info on jellies:

a>

haha i was just sitting here thinking of crazy stuff to put in tanks......i knwo people have seahorse tanks so then i moved on to jellies and turtles haha........a turtle is impossible i know i got curious about jellies........haha its funny just now got a coral frag of xenia and its my first coral so far in my big tank and im already thinking jellies i need to SLOW DOWN. o well its fun to think about it

http://www.jelliquarium.com">www.jelliquarium.com</a>

They raffled an entire system with livestock at MACNA two years ago (I think). ANd who's not going to MACNA? Thats the type of thing you'll be missing.

Back