Seahorse Behavior

tnyga

Market
Reaction score
Before I left for work I did my usual, turned on the lights in the tank and got my coffee...Before I left I make my usual count (paranoid since Ive been told the kellogis wont last long) and found all 3 but one was hitched with head facing towards the substrate. Yes he is alive.

Id this normal for sleeping...Lenny? Anyone? The PH was not facing that way so it wasnt current...

Well, i have seem them hanging upside down searching for critters. If the seahorse seems normal tonight, then its all good. If it stays upside down and swims around upside down, there might be a problem, lol.

He should be normal by the time you read this though :)

They don't seem to care - right side up - up side down... It is when they lay sideways on the substrate for long periods of time that I would worry...

Actually, I think you found one of the elusive "vampire" seahorses.

Once they get bitten they start hanging upside down and start living off the blood of the other seahorses.

Soarin';140138 wrote: Actually, I think you found one of the elusive "vampire" seahorses.

Once they get bitten they start hanging upside down and start living off the blood of the other seahorses.

hehe

Back