Secret to getting Coralline off Acrylic?

atlfishes

Market
Reaction score
The plastic scrappers I use don't do a very good job. Is there a more effective way that I'm missing? Thanks

Are you scraping coraline in the tank or trying to get it off something else? If in the tank, then the plastic scrapers is about your only option. If outside the tank, then soak it in vinegar...

Kent Pro Scrapers work well as long as the blade is new. If it's worn and rounded you'll be scraping al day.

We, My Reef Creation, have a plastic scraper that works better than a Pro Scraper and lasts much longer than one, but we don't have a name for them yet. They haven't hit the web page yet either, but you can call Tim to order one. They're what I use for Southeast Aquariums. They're the hardest plastic you can get that won't scratch acrylic.

MRC Phone: (678) 407-3773

Thanks Danny, I'll give MRC a call.

I keep thinking I'll move in the next year and that would be the perfect time to replace the acrylic with glass.

DannyBradley;195265 wrote: Kent Pro Scrapers work well as long as the blade is new. If it's worn and rounded you'll be scraping al day.

We, My Reef Creation, have a plastic scraper that works better than a Pro Scraper and lasts much longer than one, <span style="color: Red;">but we don't have a name for them yet</span>. They haven't hit the web page yet either, but you can call Tim to order one. They're what I use for Southeast Aquariums. They're the hardest plastic you can get that won't scratch acrylic.

MRC Phone: (678) 407-3773

Sounds like a new contest to me!!

Back