Selling Chaeto poll

Selling Chaeto poll

• 1. What a great idea, get money for something I have to throw away anyway.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. It's worth something for the effort.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 3. Glad to offer free to members, I'd just throw it away anyway.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • 4. Happy to offer free for anybody who wants some.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • 5. I just throw it away.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • 6. I don't have Chaeto, I just want to see the answers.

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Haha - I've hit a balance where my chaeto grows but I'm not having to trim it too often. I do give mine away though when it does actually grow. But mine stays super green and is thick - just doesn't grow like it did when I first set up my tank.

When I had chaeto, I gave away when it’s time for harvesting

now that I grow Ogo and dragons breath, I sell them when they are ready for harvest. first they take up nutrients, second my fishes eat them, and lastly if I have some left over i can sell them and no one seems to complain at the moment. It’s a win/win/win for me.

now let me ask from a different angle, have you paid for a Xenia frag lately? Chances are, if you wait long enough you will have a free frag offer from one of the members.

furthermore, if you are selling chaeto and no one is buying them, is there a really a hobbyist demand for chaeto?

sell if you want to,,,,,just don’t expect the demand for it to be high....capitalism 101 right?

now that I grow Ogo and dragons breath, I sell them when they are ready for harvest. first they take up nutrients, second my fishes eat them, and lastly if I have some left over i can sell them and no one seems to complain at the moment. It’s a win/win/win for me.

now let me ask from a different angle, have you paid for a Xenia frag lately? Chances are, if you wait long enough you will have a free frag offer from one of the members.

furthermore, if you are selling chaeto and no one is buying them, is there a really a hobbyist demand for chaeto?

sell if you want to,,,,,just don’t expect the demand for it to be high....capitalism 101 right?
My thoughts exactly

This is partly why I give mine away. I spent a LOT when I first started up my fuge because I didn't have the nutrients to sustain chaeto. Now feeding all the fish I feed I do. Luckily I've hit that balance and I'm not messing with it.

I use caulerpa in my fuges and most people don't care for it. So I don't ever post it but I have had several people over to buy/swap frags and if they ask I have no problem giving them a handful.

If you're going to throw it away and someone needs it, why not give it for free?
Besides I got mine here free - what kind of ass would I be if I turned around and sold it.
But if you want to make a couple of bucks and someone is willing to buy - go for it. Even though plenty of us would give it away for free - I don't think any would would try to ruin someone else's potential sale.

We are struggling with the question, when is it time to set up the refugium? I’ve thought about adding Ogo to my main tank as function and food, but hard to find in stock.

We are struggling with the question, when is it time to set up the refugium? I’ve thought about adding Ogo to my main tank as function and food, but hard to find in stock.
I got some here

I got some here

That’s great! Pm me where in Norcross you are and I’ll see when I can be in the area the next time you have some available. I live in East Cobb, but travel for my daughters lacrosse practice and games.

Back