Seneye monitor new purchase

darrrenjmartin

Supporting
Reaction score
Something came together and I finially dropped my CFL 03 actinics and started LED replacement. 2hqi150w 4CFL54W
Years ago I purchased a makers heat sink and several dreamchips led groupbuy chip, jardunio, drivers. Several single 250 chip with giant passive heat sinks.
A lot of intent, follow though ,not so much.

Happy corals are the key to inaction.
and..
No PAR meter to tune. Cant let the halides go! To much change 'by cracky to your new fangle devil wizardtry

Steves leds had a fair price on liner LED heatsinks and I purchsed 2 48 inch.

I lined up 32 RB 5W and 14 430nm 3W groupbuy solderless on one heatsink. All the blue singles I had -minus trueblues
I desire a derated very uniform 03 actinic facsimile fixture.

90g in d' hood mount 2xHQI and 1 200w fussion maker LED
Some might argue to let it rip. I squelch those voices and asked to have PAR readings made.
cricket
cricket
my rickets

I saw BRS's review ,so bargain boy purchased the cheapest 'home' model with no PAR.I had to upgrade and leave support a message
PAR meter activated.
The readings were

I have wanted to DIY my own lights just never had the time. I'd love to see some pics of your build and how they light up your tank.

I believe the Seneye does PUR too. That would be helpful to see as well.

The 280 PAR plot is the 10k HQI and new Blue LED fixture.
The fixture has 2 to 1 Groupbuy RoyalBlue RB 460nm and HyperViolet 430nm. The plot reflects this accurately.
There seems to be a gap in the 420nm.The HV 430nm are on a LDD-600 CC regulator. The HV are rated a 700ma , but they seems to hot so I’m running the HV derated. I will try using LDD700 and add a control limit input.

The 150 PAR plot is only the new blue fixture and it’s turn way down.

I wanted to mimic 03 Actinics. I’m sure this would work for the next decade.

Thing is That have 50 semiled 420nm 3w for the other heat sink.

I’m going try and follow the PAR spectrum in the blue for the next one..
I’m under the impression that LED builders state a conservative 2to1 for RB to HV. I don’t have much south in 440nm , but considering 430nm to 460nm, I may be able fit the spectrum profile if I drive the crap out of the 430nm.

These are log shots that come from Seneye.me website.
PUR measurement is a Percentage. As far as I can tell, so far, I can only see it on the device that the Seneye dongle sensor plugs into. This is software that runs in the background like the WiFi connection in the tray. It sends data to Seneye.me for my remote cloud viewing pleasure.
At PAR 256+ it reads 100% and 150 or so it is at 76%. I still need a little time to wrap my head around those value and what it means.PNG image 2.pngPNG image.png

Back