Seneye

sharis100

Supporting
Reaction score
So, I was asked a question about my seneye reef monitor with Wi-Fi. I have two tanks- one totally APEX and the other a do-it-yourself set up I pieced together. The APEX has not given super reliable readings- salt always incorrect and pH below actual readings. So, I tried the seneye. The system was easy to set up- the Wi-Fi web server was a little finicky- but I got it working. The pH works perfectly - the temp is always accurate. The par meter is ok. I really look forward to the release of the more detailed par meter- which has good reviews. Also, the slides and software for dK, cal and mag are supposed to be released in the near future, so would be interested in seeing comparisons to the Neptune Trident- whenever that releases. But for what it is, the reef version of the seneye works for my little nano tank quite well. The replacement slides are a little expensive, but I like it for its compact size and convenience.

The reporting on NH is also good- matches Red Sea :) the par meter is good for what it is- but it is not as detailed as a full spectrum par meter.

Thanks! I've been looking at the Seneye products and I'm glad to see some local folks using them. I need to dig into their functionality more but doesn't it require a changing out of monitor pads to measure levels? I suppose it's no worse than ph and salinity probes going bad and needing re-calibration once in a while but I couldn't get a feel for how long they are good for.

So, Seneye apparently had upgraded my app and reverted the pH to fresh instead of marine. I was watching a video and someone had mentioned that happened to them. I emailed Seneye support and asked them about it. Support in England logged into my system and corrected the issue and now the pH calculations have been fixed for marine tanks and the valuations are more in-line with my Apex pH probe. Great customer support! Very responsive- less than 12 hours for problem to be fixed even though they are across the Atlantic Ocean.

Thanks! I've been looking at the Seneye products and I'm glad to see some local folks using them. I need to dig into their functionality more but doesn't it require a changing out of monitor pads to measure levels? I suppose it's no worse than ph and salinity probes going bad and needing re-calibration once in a while but I couldn't get a feel for how long they are good for.

The slides are recommended to be replaced monthly. $36 for a 3-pack . They're supposed to be coming out with the Seneye Coral that monitors KH but not sure if it's an add-on or a new sensor all together. Here's a facebook post and someone asked this very question but Seneye wouldnt divulge any details. BTW...that post is 2 years old.

The coral will be the last of the new products in their current pipeline according to Seneye. They first had to do the par or spectra- which is out. Then they have a plant-not done yet. They said coral or kH was dependent on development of the other two units. But who knows what will happen....

I just posted one for sale if anybody is interested.

“Seneye monitor with web server including wifi and 3 replacement slides. Great for QT tanks and to check PAR“

Back