Served up a $30 dinner to my clowns - hoping this isnt their last meal!

Untapped

Supporting
Reaction score
Hello all, I phantom in and out and would like to apologize- would love to connect with you guys, but just don't take the time.

So, just bought the 2nd to last bottle of copepods in Marietta area for my spotted dragonet- he is worth the $3] bucks - but will say that little guy costs me more than a houseful of critters.
My clowns are in a frenzy - and because I have been battling red algeae - they haven't had a really full belly in a while. So - they surely do now!! Because it is a nano tank <13 gal> I don't know how to isolate them from their feasting. I fear they may hurt themselves - bellies are bulging with a vengeance.

I hoped feeding them while i released the copepods would help but Nope! Hard to catch them in a shot, like I said - Frenzy 🥴 but to the discerning eye - shadows reveal the bulge that is expanding as I type.

Will they hurt themselves? And was their a better way than tipping the jar into a mess of anthelia?

Attachments

• 20210222_191142.jpg
    20210222_191142.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • 20210222_191135.jpg
    20210222_191135.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
  • 20210222_191028.jpg
    20210222_191028.jpg
    712.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210222_191111.jpg
    20210222_191111.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
Hello all, I phantom in and out and would like to apologize- would love to connect with you guys, but just don't take the time.

So, just bought the 2nd to last bottle of copepods in Marietta area for my spotted dragonet- he is worth the $3] bucks - but will say that little guy costs me more than a houseful of critters.
My clowns are in a frenzy - and because I have been battling red algeae - they haven't had a really full belly in a while. So - they surely do now!! Because it is a nano tank I don't know how to isolate them from their feasting. I fear they may hurt themselves - bellies are bulging with a vengeance.

I hoped feeding them while i released the copepods would help but Nope! Hard to catch them in a shot, like I said - Frenzy but to the discerning eye - shadows reveal the bulge that is expanding as I type.

Will they hurt themselves? And was their a better way than tipping the jar into a mess of anthelia?
As far as the piggies hurting themselves, I don't know. But it's super easy to start and maintain a pod culture of you haven't already. The phyto can be a bit pricey. My pods are in a big glass jar, I think a half gallon and business is booming. Lots of good info on how to set one up on the internet. Hope that helps save a little moolah!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Back