Set up/Installation assistance for my 450 Gallon Tank.

Sunny

Supporting
Reaction score
Hello ARC, I’m a 90 day old hobbyist and I’ve already bought a 450 gallon tank. Lol. I’d like to hire some one and pay a flat rate of $500 to set up my tank. I have sumps, skimmers, Rock etc. These aquarium stores trying to charge me $150-225 per hour with no minimum or max. So basically they want a Blank Check. 😂😂

Welcome! And yes, some of these stores are highway robbery. Is it already placed on its stand, or are you looking to do moving and equipment install?

500 isn’t going to happen professionally. Offer pizza and beer to friends and family

500 isn’t going to happen professionally. Offer pizza and beer to friends and family
He's right. It's a lot of work. So much more than you realize. I bought a Waterbox 220 from a fellow member. I almost tried to do it with 2 friends and a Uhaul. That would have been the biggest mistake of my life. Luckily you don't have to move it. I'd say you'd be better off doing it yourself just because you'll get to learn so much about how everything works. This way if something breaks or fails later on you'll be better equipped to handle it. .02

Good luck

Back