sex FOR FISH

railroadfish

Market
Reaction score
whats the best way to try and get my two clowns(larger one is maroon with gold stripe and smaller one is maroon with white stripe.) to mate. I feed them a diet of frozen brime shrimp soaked in vitamin c. They have a large bubble tip to play and relax with. They seem happy, but I guess there is no way to tell or to induce them into oneanother is there. JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE ?:shades:

railroadfish;122287 wrote: whats the best way to try and get my two clowns(larger one is maroon with gold stripe and smaller one is maroon with white stripe.) to mate. I feed them a diet of frozen brime shrimp soaked in vitamin c. They have a large bubble tip to play and relax with. They seem happy, but I guess there is no way to tell or to induce them into oneanother is there. JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE ?:shades:
yep. they will mate when they are ready. The more comfortable they become, the more likely they will be.

From my understanding the female needs to grow to a certain size as well. I think the threshold size for female maroons is around 3 inches.

FutureInterest;122301 wrote: From my understanding the female needs to grow to a certain size as well. I think the threshold size for female maroons is around 3 inches.

That very well may be, but I am not sure. I hink it is age more than size, but what the hell do I know?

Try lowering the temperature on the tank by a few degrees. I have heard that will cause them to mate.

Roland Jacques;122294 wrote: WOW.

I know what the most looked at thread for today is going to be.

Yea....I thought this was a 'Wanted to Trade' thread!

While I Do Not Have Any Thing To Trade At The Moment I Do Have A Need For Some Nice Frags At A Good Price If Willing.possibly Some Different Types Of Soft Coral.

Some good Barry White, alittle mood lighting, and some privacy (why does that person keep looking at us each day! Geez!).

I recieved a mated pair awhile back and the person I received them from said that he had them for awhile and they never mated. I had them about 3 mos and now about every 15-20 days they laid eggs. So when they are ready, they will, just give them some time.

I am just glad the preposition was "for"... it could have something much worse.

railroadfish;122287 wrote: whats the best way to try and get my two clowns(larger one is maroon with gold stripe and smaller one is maroon with white stripe.) to mate.

These would not be considered two different clown species? Gold Stripes and White Stripes can become mated pairs? I did not know this!! What will the fry be?

Linda Lee;122418 wrote: So you'd end up with some of each?
I have no idea actually. My guess is that the dominant gene would pass down colorwise and they would end up one color or the other with some possible recessive traits.

Linda Lee;122389 wrote: These would not be considered two different clown species? Gold Stripes and White Stripes can become mated pairs? I did not know this!! What will the fry be?

Maybe we shouldn't use the word fry when talking about fish around lunch time. The powers to be need to change their name to...say..wigglers or such.:roll:

hold on hold on you mean to tell me that i can mate a gold stripe with my with stripe? i am going to get me a gold stripe this weekned. if thats the case

I have a pair of maroons that laid eggs last week. Does anyone know
how long it takes for them to hatch?

I have a mated pair of maroons that layed eggs last week. Doe any one kjnow how long it takes for the eggs to hatch?

Back