Sexy Anemone Shrimp

tanner86

Market
Reaction score
Has anyone ever owned one of these guys? I was looking for something interesting in my nano, but I don't want the shrimps to eat my clown goby.

prod_Display.cfm

I believe I saw one at petland deluth. Same as a harlequin?

Don't they have odd feeding habits?

Not way different then a harlequin shrimp...

I have two in my tanks and I love them... Just do not be expecting much they are some of the smallest shrimp you can have!

I have one. Looks similar to a harlequin but doesn't require a starfish diet. They are super tiny so either have a tiny tiny nano or several of them.

I have a 29 bio cube and was looking for critters that would entertain for my two fish. I was thinking 3 or 4. Is it ok to have them in odd numbers?

Ya that is ok.. Just know that they are prime eating for an aggressive fish.. I would also advise to have an anemone for them or a frogspawn coral.

The 3/4 inch clown goby is a bully to the percula clown, so I don't think aggression will be an issue. Both fish a very mellow and hang out in one spot right next to each other. I don't want an anemone in the nano, not enough space for the other corals. Does a frogspawn work just as well or is it just a good substitute?

Ya I only use fragspawn (and torches or hammers) to keep my sexys happy. The bounce around them and have made them home. At night they migrate to the xenia for some reason. It does not appear they know the difference between them and an anemone.

How long do they live? I saw them at liveaquaria, does any lfs sell them on a regular basis?

That I can not answer, Mine have been in the tank a few months and have not died yet. I would assume it is live any other shrimp, a few years witht he right environment and without any molting problems. I have cleaner shrimp that are like 5 years old.

I have not seen them at a LFS, maybe Cap Bay once... You can see if someone like Petland Alph can order them for you.

Back