Shipping Delays

jcook54

Secretary
Staff member
Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
Have many of you been ordering corals that need to be shipped? I've heard about and experienced a lot of delays both personally and professionally due to covid. It seems like most things end up taking at least a day longer to get, if not more. This isn't an issue except when shipping living stuff. Have any of you all had any issues? Someone recently asked about ordering from eBay and my first thought was "I'd be worried about ordering anything online right now." What do y'all think?

i ordered fish ( naso tang and chocolate tang) 2-3 weeks ago and the package was delayed they were in the box for 48 hours but they arrived alive and are just about ready to move into the DT

I don’t buy livestock online but everything I’ve ordered from brs, saltwateraquarium, premiumaaquatics, or even Amazon, they’ve been on time so that leads me to believe that shipping is running as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t buy livestock online but everything I’ve ordered from brs, saltwateraquarium, premiumaaquatics, or even Amazon, they’ve been on time so that leads me to believe that shipping is running as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is the case for ground service. Not so much the case for Air. The massively reduced amount of commercial air traffic globally has put a huge strain on Air Freight companies. UPS, FedEx, DHL and the like are swamped. The rates are also through the roof.

Yes, there seems to be shipping delays across the board. That said, it seems like many suppliers/shippers anticipate this and have updated their estimated shipping times. But those times have increased from 6 months ago.

Yes, two live orders I made during the pandemic have been delayed. Both coming out of Florida. Lost some snails in one order and more recently two of the more sensitive gorgonians did not make it :(
The packages were delayed - one day For one and two days for the other :(

I have been lucky based on the feedback. I have ordered corals three times and all three were delivered on time.

I ship hundreds of packages and freight every week. Despite the warnings and suspension of guarantees, it's no worse now than it's ever been before.

Suppliers are a completely different story. I have some proprietary hardware that comes in batches and they disappeared for two weeks. Couldn't get in contact with the vendor - found out a couple weeks later more than half his warehouse had come down with positive cases and they had the operations folks fulfilling after they had deep cleaned, so things like email and returning phone calls were falling through the cracks.

Crazy times.

For me in the last 4-6 weeks Fed Ex coral delivery all on time, UPS not so (all 4-8 hours late).

Back