Show us you oldest

saltbubbles

Market
Reaction score
Whatcha got? Old fish? Old snail? Old coral? Also, tell us how long you've had it and where it came from. Have you at any point almost lost it?

I bought this clarkii clown in 2009 along with the purple/pink chalice to the left of her. She was at Keen Reef, a store that used to be owned by a guy named Tim Smith. I thought it would be cool to have a big clarkii and ended up being wrong. She hosts in that leather and the kids love her so much I've only just not gotten permission to get rid of her in favor of "more fish." She's very territorial and will go after any fish I add and it's been this way for years.

clarkii.jpg

She's very territorial and will go after any fish I add and it's been this way for years.

Dang she's mind controlling your kids too. Your whole house is her territory now. I had a Clarkii pair once but the female was pure evil. Thanks for sharing!

I got this frogspawn about 7 years ago, it was given to me from Kevin that used to own the fish store on chamblee tucker, it was one single head and literally one of my first frags. It is currently approx 150-175 heads of bicolor frogspawn, I've only ever cut it about three times.
15413bcd9d603c09206bc17bb36b5b58.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Holly Cow! That thing is massive and I'm sure you feel very proud of helping it thrive.

Holly Cow! That thing is massive and I'm sure you feel very proud of helping it thrive.
I am very proud of it, I'm actually going to setup a different tank so that I can move it, it's gotten way too big for my 120, so I'm going to have a softie tank where it can be more happy with a little less flow on it.

Man I loved some of my old corals I had 6-7 years. Most got sold off and the. Fragged. My favorite was a Miyagi Tort that wouldn’t fit through the eurobrace on my 120
I wanna get back there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had this Blastomussa Merletti for 22 years. No, it’s not a slow grower, this and another frag is what survived through a major tanks problem I had 5 years ago. I used to have a colony the size of a Mellon and 100s of frags across my frag tank, all lost except for these 2 frags.

Attachments

• 0AB5884F-A635-4439-9F90-FFC4FAD5A384.jpeg
    0AB5884F-A635-4439-9F90-FFC4FAD5A384.jpeg
    447.6 KB · Views: 29
I’ve had this Blastomussa Merletti for 22 years. No, it’s not a slow grower, this and another frag is what survived through a major tanks problem I had 5 years ago. I used to have a colony the size of a Mellon and 100s of frags across my frag tank, all lost except for these 2 frags.
That's a long time in the hobby, and a long time to keep something alive. You are pretty dedicated.

Wow! She's a warrior. 22 years is a long time not only to be in the hobby but to keep a coral growing.

Wow! She's a warrior. 22 years is a long time not only to be in the hobby but to keep a coral growing.
With what this coral has been through, it should be bullet proof! ;)

After the break I took, it was heartbreaking to go through all the dead heads of this coral. Must have been a thousand polyps. I carefully inspected each one and found 4 heads with the tiniest bit of live flesh deep in the skeleton. Yes, 4 survived out of a thousand.

One didn't make it. One was a more recently purchased variety (darker colored). 2 were of my original colony. 3 years later, both single, almost dead polyps are now about as big as what you see in the picture.

Back in the day, my children called it "the raspberries" from the color and fuzzy nature of this coral.

Last edited:
BBD49BEF-8F82-4136-A6BE-7521208B423B.jpeg

This is my aunt’s yellowtail damselfish that she used to cycle her tank... back in 2002 or 2003. So that makes him at least 16 years old. His color has significantly darkened over the years as you can see. I imagine he won’t make it a whole lot longer. Her tank is ugly as hell, but that fish has survived everything. Would love to see other pics of old fish.

Back