Show us your ...... !

wannabeeareefkeeper

Market
Reaction score
It's time for you to shine. We want to see your algae scrubber! How long have you had the scrubber up? Photos would be nice of your setup. What modifications did you change in your process? If you were in the pre-planning stages of setting up a scrubber, what things would you be considering?

Wannabee

WOW! Almost 90 views and no one has a response. Is an algae scrubber such a primitive topic these days? I knew that the algae scrubbers would be few and far between; didn't realize this process was that ancient.

Wannabee

I'm relatively new to salt and never used one with fresh. Sounds like an interesting idea but in all my copious research almost no one mentions them as a necessary piece of equipment.

Don't most people run a fuge with chaeto and other macros to do something similar?

I've watched a few Youtube videos on the subject; and some setups have no skimmers. You have to clean the buildup of algae off the catcher material. You can spend some money on some nicer setups or diy projects that are inexpensive. Thought I would gather some reviews here as well as watching some more Youtube videos.

Wannabee

Catgirl29;1044434 wrote: I'm relatively new to salt and never used one with fresh. Sounds like an interesting idea but in all my copious research almost no one mentions them as a necessary piece of equipment.

Don't most people run a fuge with chaeto and other macros to do something similar?

You still can have the fuge with liverock and I guess some chaeto and other macros. The algae scrubber would take out much of the bad stuff; especially if you have an overstocked display tank with a lot of tankmates.

Wannabee

In my opinion.... They take up to much real estate, and it's an extremely OLD technology.... If it was the way to go, I think we would see a lot more running today! Skimmers do the job just fine IMO...

I started using ATS 2weeks ago. I've added second fluorescent light unit yesterday. It was lit with Blue LED on one side and fluorescent on the other. I still am running my oversized SKimmer and figure I give ATS a shot. Its DIY style and is connected from my return line. It's too early to notice anything but I figure I give it a shot.

xduu4l.jpg
alt="" />

2a99oia.jpg
alt="" />

furgud.jpg
alt="" />

21l34eq.jpg
alt="" />

2ed2m2e.jpg
alt="" />

Back