Shroom Trouble

rk4435

Market
Reaction score
I've never seen my shrooms look so bad. Last night I used a powerhead to agitate an anemone and created quiet the sandstorm in my tank. Would that seem like a possible reason?
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

its possible that the sand storm released trapped nutrients from the sand causing a spike in ammonia, nitrite and nitrate and possibly phosphate. have you tested the water?

Picoreefguy;1005615 wrote: its possible that the sand storm released trapped nutrients from the sand causing a spike in ammonia, nitrite and nitrate and possibly phosphate. have you tested the water?

+1. But the good news is mushrooms love dirty water. I would bet the bounce back. But check all the things Pico mentioned so as not to stress you fish.

Mine do that after feeding or a water change from time to time. They will be fine. Usually takes a couple days for them to get themselves sorted out.

I do my WC on Saturday nights so hopefully all is well. My parameters were normal. The bad came with good, the snowstorm seemingly reduced my diatom problem so the Shrooms can get over it.

Back