Sicce or not?

wannabeeareefkeeper

Market
Reaction score
Anyone has experience with a Sicce Multi quiet pump? I'm currently looking at the 1300 model number. What are your thoughts on this brand of pumps?
I have a 29 gallon that I need a pump for. I'm in the process of getting an overflow for it. I just need to decide on which brand of pump I want to go to. I don't want anything made in C.....

Wannabee

Bump! Nobody uses this brand of water pumps? If so, what are you using on a 29 gallon setup? List the brand and model number of the pump your currently using.

Wannabee.

I'm a fan of sicce. Syncra pumps are great. Voyager power heads ae bullet proof in my opinion.

Was using one as a return pump,forget what size,something that pumps 714 or so.They have long warranty. The problem i had,was the impeller magnet split after a 1.5 yrs.They said warranty don't cover impeller. They cost 50.00.
So i just got a different pump.

Return pumps, well I started with a mag 12, was a beast, worked well till I gave the jebao dc6000 a shot, not much power then the 9000 ok work fine no problems with either, now I'm running 3 dc12000, so far so good, like everything about them but still in the trial stage for me cause I've only been running one for about 5-6months.
I've ran a few more brands of pumps but not long enought to give an opinion on, I guess there is better pumps out there now than the mag's but I ran my 12 for 2plus years and never cleaned it and it never missed a beat, loved my mag but power consumption and heat, I would look for a different option if I needed a new pump.
Cost, power consumption, heat, head and controllability for the size tank you want to go with, try the jebao dc9000, it would have more than enought flow you would need and because it's controllable you can turn it down which prolongs the life.

Very good pumps for that size of tank. I have one running on my 30g right now and previously had Syncra return pumps on all my tanks until falling in love with the Fluvals.
I know this doesn't matter that much, but I like how they're ready to be hard plumbed without having to convert from vinyl tubing.

Back