sick fish

gdog

Market
Reaction score
my fish are getting ich and i dont know the best way of treating it i keep putting metrodiazole in there food but it doesnt seem to be helping i have also thought of a water change plz help

Wrong forum. Post this in the Reef Discussion forum and you'll get a lot more help. This one is for selling livestock and equipment.

That said, water changes are good and I've read that increasing the temperature (slowly) to about 82F will help kill it. But be aware that the water doesn't hold as much oxygen at that point so you may have to add an air stone.

But ya....post this in the Reef Discussion forum.

from an earlier post i replied to......

I have had one bout of marine ich and that was enough. I fed heavily, added and still add to this day garlic xtreme to all foods (let it soak in it), do a couple of water changes and graduly raise the temperature of your tank to like 82/83 degrees. Turn your lights off as well without killing your corals. I also treated the fish with metrodizinole and focus. I added a reef safe medication which killed the free swimming stage of ich and all went very well...just a tad stressful on me.

When doing your water changes, try to syphon from the bottom...ich has a tendency to hang around on the sand bed. It survives up to like 28 days without a host so keep an eye on your fish even when all appears ok. I believe it's important to understand all stages of ich when treating so you know exactly what you are dealing with.

Good luck.

Back